The Welcome and Information Desk strives to enlighten, excite, and educate guests, students, staff, faculty, and the Sisters of Dominican University through compassionate service.
The Welcome and Information Desk is a culture defined by un-wavering commitment to service. The WID Agent is focused on providing efficient service and creating memorable experiences by making emotional connections with the community of Dominican University.
The successful WID agent will have a friendly, welcoming attitude, and professionalism with everyone. WID Empowerment – the WID encourages each student employee to live out the credo: "If you see something, say / do something".
- All WID student staff members will successfully complete the (4) phases of Training: 1) Orientation, 2) One-on-One Training, 3) WID Assesment, and 4) WID capstone to earn a WID Certification for their position. In addition, on-going student staff development opportunities will be available to increase the WID Agent's professional competencies.
- Promote information-sharing by completing WID Shift Summary Reports as well as learn how to effectively audit University Operations.
- Participate in WID coaching sessions to facilitate continual learning and strengthen hospitality skills.
- Employ the essential hospitality standards at all times: "Hello Principle" by verbally or nonverbally acknowledging anyone within 15 feet, eye contact, smile, speaking first, and engagement in polite conversation.
- Strengthen WID's involvement at Dominican University through the engagement in various enterprises such as Student Staff Initiatives.
- Placing our visitors/guests and Dominican community first
- Supporting professionalism
- Furthering our knowledge of Dominican University
- Building connections
- Expanding our services